Thursday, March 22, 2012

Battelle For Kids - Common Core Verticle Progression Training

As the deadline for the full implementation of the Common Core draws closer, I am fortunate enough to have the opportunity to attend professional development dedicated to "unwrapping" the Common Core standards in order to make them easier to implement in the classroom. 

With some major shifts in focus and rigor, I am looking forward to pushing my students to think creatively and collaboratively.  Today, at the ESC of Cuyahoga County, I took part in a Battelle For Kids sponsored training that presented the vertical progression of the Common Core in English Language Arts.  And I must admit, there is much work to be done. 

So what does all this mean?  This is the beginning of a very exciting shift in how we teacher our students.  Using technology to add depth to they types of lessons I teach is certainly appealing.  The expectations are greater, the rigor is increased, and the urgency is clear. 

I'm excited to experience the future with the Common Core! 

No comments:

Post a Comment