Thursday, March 14, 2013

The Great Gatsby...video game?

With OGTs in full swing, I only see my sophomore American Literature students for a total of one hour this week.  For most teachers, this is a nightmare for planning thoughtful lessons that engage students.  Moreover, I see my students at the end of the day after their brains are exhausted from a full day of testing.

So what do I do?

As my classes have just started entering the world of Fiztgerald's excellent novel, we decided to have a little bit of old school, 8-bit fun!





While the game looks a bit outdated, it is certainly a way to liven up my students at the end of a long day of testing and still give them an opportunity to enter into the novel world.  For students who finish the game, I think I'll give a little extra credit.  As long as they write a review and discuss it's similarities and differences to the novel of course!

No comments:

Post a Comment